It’s that time again! The greatest night of 2018 will take place on February 9, 2018. Night To Shine sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation will be held at Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge, Georgia. And you can participate!
Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God’s love, for people with special needs, ages 14 and older. The event will take place at more than 540 churches around the world simultaneously on February 9, 2018.
Last year at this event in Morgan County, there were over 110 guests with special needs that a were crowned Kings and Queens of the night! There were also over 300 volunteers who served in incredible ways as they shared the love of Christ with the guests and their caregivers! Well over 100 caregivers enjoyed a night of dancing, food, fun, door prizes, massages, etc.
I would like to answer a few questions about this event and why this is more than just a Fusion Church event.
- What is Night to Shine? A worldwide, unforgettable prom night experience that is changing Valentine’s Day weekend from simply a celebration of love, to a celebration of God’s love for people with special needs. Guests will be honored with a friendly paparazzi red carpet, crowns and tiaras, corsages, and boutonnieres, limo rides, games, dancing, food, photos, and VIP treatment. The vision is to provide a night for our guests to shine and most importantly, for Christ’s love to Shine.
- Why did Fusion Church apply to host Night To Shine? We see an opportunity for not only our church but for Christians to come together to provide a wonderful event for people with special needs, their families and/or their caregivers.
- Why is the event listed as a Fusion Church event instead of a Community event? The Tim Tebow Foundation requires a church to be responsible for the event hosted in each area across the globe. Fusion Church was willing to put their name on the line to bring this special event to the East Atlanta Area.
- Who can volunteer? Anyone that signs up at www.fusionchurchmadison.org that is 14 years or older. Each volunteer must attend 1 of the 2 Volunteer Training opportunities prior to the event. January 14 or January 21 @ 5:00 PM at Fusion Church of Madison. Each volunteer will need to complete a background check that is required by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Your background check can be completed HERE.
- Who can be a Honored Guest? Anyone that is 14 years of age or older that has some kind of special need. Guest can register at www.fusionchurchmadison.org
- Who is partnering with this event from the Madison Area? The Morgan County Recreation Department, Camp Twin Lakes (the event will take place at Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge), Bizzi Photography, Zaxby’s Corporation and Chick Fil A-Madison. Many local businesses and individuals are donating time, gifts, and services such as: Hair, Nails, Limo Services, Decorations, providing DJ services, etc, etc. You can partner by contacting our Event coordinator Sherry Patrick (706-817-9582).
- What will the guest’s parents and/or caregivers do during the event? There will be a Caregiver Event set up w/ food, entertainment and lots of fun and encouragement! All caregivers and parents are invited to attend and can sign up when their family member registers.
- What is the biggest need at this point? We want everyone in our area that has special needs to attend this event. Please help us get them signed up. This is a Free Event and it is a night where everyone will be crowned a King or a Queen! This is a Red Carpet Event and it will be an event that will bless our guests and families in a tremendous way.
- WILL YOU PARTNER? Please consider doing one or more of the following: PRAY, Volunteer, Provide materials, Give a financial Gift!
Let me say it again- “This is the single greatest event you will be involved in 2018 if you will simply get involved! Join us this year and let your Light Shine! If you want to know more or have a question, please call me 706-474-0688.
Here is last year’s recap video! Enjoy!
Donnie told me awhile back that they were so proud that CBC was partnering with Fusion this event this year. Have you talked to them?