On February 10, 2017 you have the opportunity to be a part of something so much larger than yourself. You see, Night to Shine is coming to Morgan County. Our church, Fusion Church of Madison is proud to be an official host church for the 2017 Night to Shine, sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation. Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God’s love, for people with special needs, ages 14 and older. The event will take place at more than 350 churches around the world simultaneously on February 10, 2017.
I would like to answer a few questions about this event and why this is more than just a Fusion Church event.
- What is Night To Shine all about? Click here!
- Why did Fusion Church apply to host Night To Shine? We see an opportunity for not only our church but for Christians to come together to provide a wonderful event for people with special needs, their families and/or their caregivers.
- Why is the event listed as a Fusion Church event instead of a Community event? The Tim Tebow Foundation requires a church to be responsible for the event hosted in each area across the globe. Our church was willing to put our name on the line to bring this special event to the East Atlanta Area.
- Who can volunteer? Anyone that signs up at www.fusionchurchmadison.org that is 16 years or older. Each volunteer must attend 1 of the 2 Volunteer Training opportunities prior to the event. January 22 or January 29 @ 5:00 PM at Fusion Church of Madison. Each volunteer will need to bring $8.00 for a background check that is required by the Tim Tebow Foundation.
- Who can be a Honored Guest? Anyone that is 14 years of age or older that has some kind of special need. Guest can register at www.fusionchurchmadison.org (click on the Night to Shine tab and then click on the guest registration-fill out the registration form)
- Who is partnering with this event from the Madison Area? The Morgan County Recreation Department, Camp Twin Lakes (the event will take place at Camp Twin Lakes in Rutledge) and Chick Fil A-Madison. Many local businesses and individuals are donating time, gifts, and services such as: Hair, Nails, Limo Services, Decorations, providing DJ services, etc, etc. You can partner by contacting our Event coordinator Sherry Patrick (706-817-9582).
- What will the guest’s parents and/or caregivers do during the event? There will be a respite room set up w/ food, entertainment and lots of fun and encouragement! All caregivers and parents are invited to attend and can sign up when their family member registers.
- What is the biggest need at this point? We want everyone in our area that has special needs to attend this event. Please help us get them signed up. This is a Free Event and it is a night where everyone will be crowned a King or a Queen! This is a Red Carpet Event and it will be an event that will bless our guests and families in a tremendous way.
David Glover, founder of a ministry called Pure Ministries made this statement that I want to end with today:“Unbeknownst to them, PURE people have a unique ability to teach us profound truth. They don’t sit us down and preach to us, for many can’t speak. They don’t pridefully say, “Follow me,” for many can’t walk. They don’t say, “Watch me,” for many have never even seen themselves. But, in their usual quiet, unassuming way of living, they change us – if we let them.”
Thank you for partnering with this amazing opportunity!